Have a question about Wizard101? You can find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the game on this page.
How to play ... first steps into the world of Wizard101
Wizard101 is an online game, which you can play with other people in a virtual world. Before you can get started, you have to do the following:
- Register! Decide on a username and enter a valid email address. Then check your email inbox: we have sent you your password!
- Download Wizard101 and install the game.
- Click on the Wizard101 shortcut on your computer to start the client and log in with your email address and your password.
- Create your own wizard and play the tutorial.
- Now you can continue your adventure. Have fun!
How can I chat in Wizard101?
To ensure a safe virtual world experience, Wizard101 offers three different communication options:
- Menu chat: you can use predetermined phrases to talk to other players here. This option is available to everyone.
- Text chat: you can type phrases to talk to other players from your friend list, your group or your environment here. Words that are NOT in the Wizard101 dictionary will be displayed as '...'.
- True Friends Chat: players with no access to text chat may still exchange a True Friend code with friends they know in real life. A True Friend is a player that you know from the real world and with whom you have exchanged a True Friend Code.
Examples of disallowed words are: profanity, cursing and racist comments.
How to get text chat
- If you are unable to use the chat function, your parents may not have text chat enabled for you.
- You may also simply have the chat bubbles turned off. You can turn the chat bubbles on and off by pressing the letter 'O' on your keyboard.
- If you have previously been able to use Text Chat and can no longer access it, it is possible that you have been reported for harassment or other misconduct. Please contact support if this is the case.
How do I restore mana & health?
Collect red and blue wisp-like floating orbs on your path, which can help you regain mana or health.
I have received some treasure cards, how do I use them?
First you have to be sure that you take them from your spellbook and put them in your deck. However, those treasure cards won't be drawn normally during combat, instead you have to drop a card from your hand (by right clicking on it whilst in combat) and then click 'Draw' to draw a new treasure card.
How to get Training Points
Up to level 20 you will receive one training point every 4 levels. After level 20, you will receive one training point every 5 levels. You can also receive training points by completing certain quests. These training points can be used to learn spells from outside your school of focus.
How do I deposit Crowns into my account?
Log on to our Website and click on 'Buy Crowns' in the account management panel. A window will open. Follow the instructions. If you cannot see the Crowns in your account after the transaction, please re-log into your game account.
What can I do with my Crowns and how does the Crown Shop work?
Crowns enable you to buy exclusive items, card sets and mounts. You can get access to the Crown Shop in the game via the SHOP symbol. You can also swap Crowns for club time.
How do I become a member of the Wizard Club?
Log into your account on our Website. Click on "Wizard Club" in the account management panel and choose between one, six or twelve months of membership and either pay with Crowns or with other payment methods.
What are Realms?
Wizard101 is divided into several Realms. All Realms are identical and contain all Wizard101 worlds. You can switch back and forth between populated and less populated Realms, as long as you are not in a duel. Simply press the Esc key on your keyboard, the tab on the far right is your Realms tab. Now you can select which Realm and in which area you wish to play in. If you wish to meet a friend in the game, you have to be on the same Realm to find each other!
Why switch Realms?
If your realm gets too full for you, simply look for one that has less players on it. If you are looking for players to go on adventures with, you may wish to switch to a realm with a higher population.
My game is running too slowly, what can I do to fix this?
The first thing you should try is turning off your Quest Helper. You can do this by pressing CTRL + 'T' on your keyboard. If that doesn't help, try going into your options menu during game play and changing the resolution, graphic detail and turning the full screen option off.
What are True Friends?
True Friend codes allow you to chat with people you know in real life. You can talk to them via text chat, even if you are normally only allowed to use menu chat. And this is how it works:
- Click the "True Friend" button in the Friends Panel.
- A new window will open containing a code.
- Enter the code and pass it on to your friend.
- Your friend now also presses the True Friend button and enters the code. Then they press the "Check Code" button
- If the code is entered correctly, you will immediately become True Friends.
Please note that a True Friend code is valid for 2 days only. So player 2 must receive and activate the code within 48 hours.
Will my Wizard be deleted if I stop playing?
No! Even if you can't play for a while, your wizard will be safely stored at the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. This also counts if you have uninstalled Wizard101. Please note:
- If you reinstall the game again, your wizard may be wearing his/her starter outfit. You can verify that your wizard is still wearing the clothing you left them with by checking it in your backpack. It just takes a little time for your computer to download all the game information.
- If you are logged off in a subscription area and your subscription expires, you will be returned to Ravenwood Commons after the next login. From there you can continue your adventures in the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.
How do I delete my wizard?
If you want to delete one of your wizard characters, you can do it over the character selection. Select a wizard and click on "Delete". Now enter ABRACADABRA to confirm that it is not a mistake. If you deleted a wizard by accident, please contact our Support.
How can I delete my user account?
To delete your user account, please contact the Support We will see to it as soon as possible.
- Internet: Internet connection required
- Operating System: Windows 98SE or later versions
- Processor: 1GHz Intel processor
- RAM Space: 512 Megabytes
- Video card: GeForce 2 or equivalent card
- Disk Space: 5 Gigabytes
Download: you can download the Wizard101 client directly from the homepage. Next click on the .exe file to install the game on your own computer. The game will automatically be patched to the current version when you log in to play for the first time. This can take a few minutes. More data will be automatically downloaded whenever you enter new areas. You will notice, because a turning arrow symbol will be shown to you. You don't have to do anything other than being connected to the internet.
I have lost my password! What now?
If you have lost or forgotten your password please visit our main website. Click on 'Forgot Password' above right under the login tabs. Then enter your email address and click on 'Send'. You will receive a link via email from us, with which you can reset your password.
How to reinstall Wizard101
On the welcome page of this website (to get there, simply click on the Wizard101 logo at the top) you will find the option to 'Download' the client. Or you can just click here!
Please note that you do not need to create a new account in order to download the game.
I cannot connect to the game. Why?
To troubleshoot, please follow these steps:
- Check your internet connection. If your internet is not connected, the game will not work.
- Check if the game is down for maintenance. Any down times will be announced in the forum.
- Make sure that your anti-virus/internet security programmes are not blocking Wizard101. Or simply add Wizard101 to the allowed list.
If none of the above was the problem please check our forum to see if other users might have discussed connection issues before. If you still haven't managed to find a solution please contact support.
The client shows me an error message when I try to log into the game. What should I do now?
If you received an error message when you tried to log into the game please read the instructions on the error message itself. If you fail to resolve the problem please check the forum to see if another user has had a similar problem before and has got a solution that will help you. If you cannot find any help in the forum please contact us using our support.
I am using a Mac PC. Can I play Wizard101 anyway?
Wizard101 runs on a Windows enabled computer. CrossOver Games supports running Wizard101 on a Mac. For more information please visit Codeweavers Crossover Games.
'Wizard Graphical Client' What's that?
The Wizard Graphical Client is a file that you download as part of Wizard101. It contains the "graphics" of the game, including the look of your clothes and the colour of your pet. Sometimes this file can seem to take a bit longer to download than the others, particularly if you've reinstalled Wizard101 recently.
What's a DxDiag and how do I send it to support?
The DxDiag utility checks the specifications of your computer and tests the DirectX software. If you are asked for DxDiag information in a ticket, it is to help the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.
To create a dxdiag.txt file, use the command "Run" and enter "dxdiag". Now click on "OK". Once the programme has run its course, click "Save all information" to save the file. Finished! Now you can add it to your support ticket as an attachment. If you need help, ask your parents.
How do I obtain and submit a wizardclient.log file?
If you are requested to send a WizardClient.log file to support please open your Wizard101 directory (where you installed the game), go to the 'Bin' folder and select "WizardClient.Log". Attach this file to your ticket or your email (if support has asked for an email).
If you cannot attach the file because it is too large, you can resize it with a corresponding programme, e.g. WinZip or 7Zip. If you need help, ask your parents.